Say What!According to James 1:5 if any of you lack wisdom, Ask.. Ask God he will give you the wisdom you need. Jennifer Newsom asked us to pray this before we started our week one assignments.This was great advice.I prayed for wisdom before I read the story of Anna . Did I get the wisdom I needed? Yes indeed I did. God gave me so much wisdom to see Anna as a simple woman who gave her life to doing his work..

Anna had been married  for 7 years When her Husband died and left her a widow.Anna did not remarry instead she gave her life to god. She lived at the temple and prayed and fasted.she listened to Gods voice and did what He asked of her. Anna was a prophetess which is the same thing as a prophet. A prophetess and  prophet.Have the same meaning. In Noah Websters 1828 dictionary it gives you this meaning one that foretells future events inspired or instructed by God.


Anna means ( Grace) was the daughter of Phanuel means (Face of God) and was from the tribe of Asher. Asher was one of the weakest tribes.One thing I learned from Anna's story is that God can use the weakest of his children to do Amazing things for Him. Don't ever think that you can not be used by God to make good things happen for His world.I think that no matter were we come from how poor or rich we are if we submit to God our life,He can use us to help teach others. We just have listen for his voice answer his calling  just as Anna did.


Anna's story filled my heart with so much joy and knowledge that I had prayed to God for. The joy Is a mixture of how Great Anna was made because she let God use her and that God answered my prayer for knowledge.I pray that who ever reads my blog will take heed to James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom Ask God to give it to you . He wants his children to talk to him and ask for what they need. I am living prof of that.


Before I end this message I would like to tell you that Anna was 84 when baby Jesus was born.She was so faithful to God he rewarded her by allowing her to see the baby Jesus who she had long awaited for his coming.Read the word of God and let Him feel you with the holy spirit and the knowledge you need to live a Christ centered life your reward will be eternal life .


Thank you Jennifer Newsom You are a great leader.God Bless you for doing God's work.

Comments

  1. Jennifer's teachings were awesome this week! Wonderful insight on how God can use us... weak, unsure, doubtful, sometimes in big messes, to do big things for Him. Also loved how you pointed out that Anna was rewarded for her faithfulness. Thank you for sharing today!
    Lauren, P31 OBS In the Gap blog team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sweet friend!! I am so blessed by what you are learning and that God would allow me to watch. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing and God Bless you as you grow in His Word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see all that you are learning. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts